Monday, May 06, 2013

Storm Chase 2013, Day 3 - around Vidor and playing golf...

Still in a holding pattern, waiting to head out of Vidor on Monday morning to drive into the Plains for the first shot of thunderstorms on Tuesday afternoon. So in the mean-time with another nice day in store, plenty of sunshine and a cool breeze, we chilled out around my parents house in the morning (nursing a small hangover), before heading out to play some golf at the golf course where my brother is the pro. (the first picture is of the first cumulus clouds we've seen since we have been in Texas, ha)













The golf was followed by a lovely mix of cajun food cooked up by my dad...




(last pic is me with one of my bros, Daryl and my niece and nephew)...

Finally it was time for bed to get some rest for a mammoth driving day to Amarillo on Monday morning - and enter Phase 2 the weather part of the trip...(but never fear, I'm sure we'll find more food too).

No comments: